Tornado® Tech Talk
Preventative Maintenance vs. Corrective Maintenance
by Daniel Frimml
We have all heard the old adage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and the same applies to the Tornado line up of maintenance equipment. A sound preventive maintenance program will catch the small items before they become major repair issues, saving your organization time and money.
Be sure to follow these easy steps to help ensure a long lifecycle for your floor machine, burnisher or automatic scrubber:
For further technical questions regarding your Tornado floor care equipment, please contact Technical Service at 1.800.VACUUMS.
- Perform daily/weekly checks as specified in your User & Operations Manual;
- Execute monthly, quarterly, and even annual checks and schedule service for all of your units to keep them operating smoothly;
- Check all cables -- battery or power -- for good continuity;
- Check water-level and/or charge batteries following the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Check all spinning parts—brushes, disc pads, wheels, gears, etc.-- for lubrication, if required;
- Check all moving parts to ensure proper alignment.
Visit www.tornadovac.com to learn more or call 1.800.VACUUMS today!